Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Orangey Goodness



This yarn is for the Jamie Blankie project at Mason-Dixon Knitting. There will be a lot of leftovers. This is good, because I plan to use them to make a very retro, girly-girl handbag for my daughter. I know just the pattern to use too, Doris Chan's messenger bag from Family Circle Easy Knitting Winter 2004/2005. I like the granny square flap.



I want to make a bag for my niece, but she doesn't like orange, she likes pink. Everything pink. So, I found some hot pink placemats at the local thrift shop that will be perfect to recycle into a nice sturdy bag. Her Pinkness will be pleased.

Kay, you were right. I think I will be knitting squares for many months to come. Addictive? You bet! I may even get caught up in some Kaffe Fassett-inspired project sure to send me searching through all the yarn shops west of the Mississippi to find 85 shades of cotton yarn.

No comments: