Friday, February 11, 2005

Crochet and other things

No knitting content today, I'm afraid. I have been doing some other crafty things instead.

I reaquainted myself with crochet after a hiatus of a few years by starting a pair of crocheted baby socks for the Feet Need Socks Crochetalong. It's always fun to try something new, and crocheted socks are new to me.



One can never have too many baby booties around to give as gifts.

I had purchased an inexpensive hat a few weeks ago. It was a good basic hat, but it was, well, a bit too plain and uninteresting. I felt that it needed adornment of some kind. I gave it some thought and decided it needed a big flower to set it off. I finally found some that seemed just right, some big silk peonies.



There we go, just what it needed, a big blue floppy flower that would never occur in nature. Something cheerful for a grey and drizzly day. I suppose you could say that I'm practicing for the time when I will be mature enough to wear that red hat. For now, I'll have fun with the white hat.

No comments: