Monday, February 14, 2005

Simple Socks

I had some spare time this weekend, so I got out the old Studio knitting machine and did a little 'production knitting'. I made a few pair of plain, everyday socks. These are simple tubes with short-row heels and toes added on in contrasting yarn.



You can see 3 finished pairs of socks in the photo, and on the right is one pair of unfinished tubes waiting for heels and toes. The socks are Lang Jawoll with the reinforcement yarn added to the toes and heels of the adult sized ones. I'm not fond of the stiffness the reinforcing yarn adds to the sock, but I am testing it out on the machine-knit socks to see how they feel and wear over time. Before I use the reinforcing yarn in my hand-knit socks, I want to find out if I like it or not.

1 comment:

Catherine Josephine said...

wow you are really good at knitting! the bacon and egg are my favorite!