Sunday, June 19, 2005

Knitting for a Cause

I am trying to rest. Really I am. I just can't seem to sleep with my sinuses living an independent life as they seem to be doing. What is a girl to do while waiting for the sinus remedy to kick in? Knit, of course! But it has to be easy and not take much concentration.

This is my chosen project, scarves and hats for Kelli to take to Mozambique with her.

I've chosen my yarn. It must be in bright colors for children to enjoy. It must be soft and warm and easy to care for. It also must be bulky for fast knitting. Lion Brand Homespun, my fave for kids. I've started a simple garter stitch scarf.



That's 2 strands of Homespun on size 15 US/10 mm needles. I plan to both knit and crochet items to send to Kelli, and since I'm making them up as I go along I will also post the patterns I use to make them. Yes, by golly, crochet content! So stay tuned.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Holy cow! I can't tell you how cool it is to run across this. I am so excited to receive the scarves and give them out to the kids. Thank you!
Cheers,
Kelli