Thursday, July 21, 2005

Too Hot to Knit

It's much too hot to knit with much enthusiasm, but I have made a few more afghan squares. I find this green a very boring color to knit with for some reason, but find the pink more pleasant and interesting. I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I like this particular pink better than than this particular green.

I broke a needle while knitting one of those green squares. While knitting 2 stitches together, my left needle suddenly snapped, leaving 3 shards of Balene stuck in my knitting for me to fish out. I guess after 15 years they start losing some of their flexibility. This has been a bad year for needle breakage-and it isn't over yet!

This heat is making more than just the people wilt, we're having to take extra care to keep the garden in good shape. Some things are showing signs of sunburn and we'll have to give the area a bit more shade in addition to the extra waterings.

The tomatoes seem to be happy with the heat, though. Here you see the first tomatoes from our patio garden. These little darlings came from one cherry tomato plant. That one plant promises to keep us supplied with all the salad tomatoes we can eat for the next few months.

According to the weather report we won't be getting any relief from the heat until Sunday, when the temperature will come down to the 90's, but we can expect a return to triple digits soon after.

No comments: