Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Is It an Afghan Yet?

The mitered squares became afghan blocks, now the blocks have become an afghan! I chose to use white sashing with little colored blocks in between, as you can see. I still have more to do around the edge but now you can really see how the finished blanket will look. I am pleased with the results so far; for a while there I was afraid it would look a frightful mess when finished hehe.

I want to thank everyone for their wonderful compliments, you've kept me going when I was ready to stuff the darn thing into the back of the closet for the next decade or so!

I was visiting the Lion Brand website to see the new patterns they've posted when the toddler came over to see what I was doing. When he saw the photo for their juggling bags pattern he became very excited and told me 'knittins!' followed by a good paragraph of undecipherable toddler talk. After some gentle questioning, I figured out that he really liked those knitted blocks and wanted me to make some for him. Here is the first, which I've filled with polyester fiberfill and not those plastic pellets or beans the pattern calls for, as I don't relish the idea of getting hit upside the head with a beanbag. It's made of Lion Cotton using size 6 US needles.

See what I got in the mail? My second set of stitch markers for the swap! Aren't they beautiful? What a wonderful shade of green, they make me think of emeralds and dragon scales. There's a little charm there of a ball of yarn with a pair of knitting needles stuck in it that I think is so precious hehe.

Thank you, swap buddy, well done indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your site , great writing and I like the pictures..one day I will learn to knit