Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Another Baby Sweater

My latest knitting project is a cabled baby sweater, again from the Bouton d'Or layette and junior book #13. I'm testing the pattern for the Manoir Coat in worsted weight yarn from the dollar store.

I'm enjoying knitting this sweater. I think I'd like to make a similar cardigan for myself. I have some beehive chunky in my stash waiting for a project, and this may be the right one.


This is the third set of stitch markers for October in the Stitch Marker Swap. They come to me from North Hollywood, just a couple hours away.

Aren't they just the coolest markers? I love those stars! They'll keep an eye on things, won't they? I also love the sea green color of the small beads. This photo doesn't do them justice, I'm afraid.

Thank you, Swap Buddy, for such an adorable set of markers! I'll have great fun using them!


Here is a finished object, the hurricane relief afghan I've been working on. It's crocheted, sewn together, ends woven in and has the border done. It measures 44 x 57 inches and is quite comfy for tv watching or for a child to curl up under. I'll be boxing it up and sending it off to Knitzilla for distribution.

I hope it brings some home-made comfort to a family on the gulf coast. I know so many people need a bit of that right now.

No comments: