Monday, March 13, 2006

Red Hat and Bootie Set

I've completed the red hat and bootie set. This is my March-Red item for Project Spectrum, but also an item to donate to the afghans for Afghans Wool Hats and Socks for Newborns Project.
I was going to use this hat pattern with some minor changes, but I ended up making so many changes that I just gave up and wrote my own pattern for a newborn earflap hat. I really wanted the design of the hat to go with those socks. I will be making more hats and socks for the newborn project to test variations in my pattern before posting it. It took about 4 hours to make this hat, and it's a prototype, so it promises to be a quick-to-make pattern.

Flash Your StashIt's time again to flash the stash. I did it last year, I gotta do it again this year. So that means I gotta unpack the stash so I can flash it. Can you think of a better way to motivate yourself to organize your house?

Man, I got work to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look SO cute! Do you have a pattern for the socks too?

Ari said...

I used a free pattern from Blossom Knitwear. You can find it at http://www.geocities.com/blossomknitwear/superquickbabysocks