Thursday, April 13, 2006

On The Ball Winder

Tahki Donegal TweedI spent some time the other day winding yarn from hanks to balls. I have had a few hanks sitting in the stash waiting for me to figure out what I wanted to do with them before winding them up for use. Some of them have been waiting a long time. Here you see some lovely Tahki Donegal Tweed in several colors that I purchased...um...sometime in the early 90's. Lovingly stored in plastic bags with chunks of cedar, the yarn is just as beautiful as the day I bought it. I will be knitting with it soon.

Also wound, some Tahki Cotton Classic and some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in shades of pink to make some afghan squares for Grace.

Garter stitch pants in progressThis is what I'm working on right now, some garter stitch garments for an upcoming baby shower.Kraemer Little Lehigh Pebbles yarn I like the yarn, which is a new arrival at my LYS, it is a cotton and acrylic blend that has a nice drape to it. Very reasonably priced, it has small flecks of color in it, very subtle. Kraemer Yarns, Little Lehigh Pebbles 45% cotton 55% acrylic color Baby Powder.

No comments: